International Student Application Procedure
Application Procedure and Entry Requirement:
1. To register at SLC Language Centre and apply for student visa, please complete online application form or registration form and email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Clear Digital Passport sized photograph with White Background.
3. All pages of International Passport (Passport must have at least 1 Year validity)
4. Copy of your high school / Pre-university / university certificate and transcripts (one set in original language and second set in English translation if applicable).
5. Pre-arrival medical screening from and report, the form can be download from here (Medical examination form verified by doctor ).
6. International student registration and visa processing fee (EMGS FEE) (RM2,000 non-refundable or transferable)
7. All payment must be paid in full before commencement of class.
8. Upon receiving your application, documents and fees, SLC will send you the Letter of Offer and SLC will submit student’s visa application to Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) to process visa approval letter (VAL).
9. When SLC receive the Malaysian Immigration approval (approx. 1 month), SLC will send a notification to inform student on visa approval. Student is required to apply for an entry visa from the Malaysian Embassy in their respective country (if necessary).
10. Student MUST inform SLC of their arrival details and accommodation requirement (AT LEAST ONE WEEK before arrival date). SLC staff will assist student to get immigration clearance at airport. Failure to inform SLC less than 5 working days, a penalty of RM100 will be imposed.
11. To report at International Office, SLC within 3 days upon arrival.
12. Once the student arrives in Malaysia, within 7 working days students have to attend medical screening at EMGS approved panel clinics.
13. To submit passport to SLC International Office for endorsement of student pass.
Payment can be made through cash or telegraphic transfer Payable to :
Payee : TRANSFAKTA SDN.BHD.
Account No. : 36700000483
Bank Name : HONG LEONG BANK
Address : W-1-0, W-2-0 & W-1-1, Subang Square,(West Wing), Jalan SS15/4G,47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
SWIFT CODE : HLBBMYKL
Remark: Please email us the copy of bank remittance advice to email@example.com .
( Please send us email for any further details on fees to firstname.lastname@example.org )
1) When should I apply?
All applicants need to register at least 1 week before the beginning of each session. International students who need to apply for student visa need to apply at least 1 month before the start of each term.
2) Do I need to sit for placement test before commencements of the class ?
Yes, a placement test is compulsory for all new students to find their appropriate level.
3) Can I pay in US Dollar ?
Yes, you can pay in US dollar. The exchange rate is subject to the current rate.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- International Student Application and Visa Processing fee is not-refundable.
- Once a student has registered and applied for a visa, SLC will not be able to cancel the visa process and refund the application and visa processing fee.
- Course fee is not refundable once a student has registered for the course.
- In case of cancellation, study course or tuition fee is NOT transferable to another applicant
- If a student decides to stop study, he/she would NOT be able to transfer the tuition fee to another student.
- If a student decides to stop his/her study due to any conditions mentioned above and applied for a student visa, the Visa Application fee is NOT refundable
- If a student registers and does not attend the class and does NOT inform the center that he/she is willing to cancel study, the total amount paid will be forfeited (NOT refundable).
- If a student registers for 6 months study and attends the class for any period of time after the term commence and then decides to cancel but he/she does NOT inform the centre, the total amount paid will be forfeited (NOT refundable).