English Language Skills Training
(Refer to Diagram)
IELTS PREPARATION (CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY)
The IELTS test is recognised by British and Australian universities for admissions. It is also increasingly accepted by institutions in the United States.
This course focuses on a comprehensive overview of the IELTS test components and helps you develop the skills you need to obtain a credible score on the IELTS. We offer a comprehensive programme which will cover the following skills and strategies:
•Test structure, type and style of questions
•Test directions and time management for the different sections
•Reading and Listening strategies for speedy comprehension
•Writing strategies to fulfill actual exam requirements
•Speaking strategies to respond appropriately in the oral interview
Your IELTS Pathway to University
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
• know the composition and expectation of the IELTS Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of the test
• develop IELTS-specific listening strategies
• hone general reading as well as IELTS reading strategies
• identify the question types that accompany the reading passages
• plan and write a good essay in the style that IELTS demands
• respond fluently and accurately using correct pronunciation and range of vocabulary in the oral interview
• improve their score on the IELTS
• Focused approach with plenty of mock practice exams to achieve the best results in the IELTS test.
We suggest that students should have at least an SLC’s English Language Skill Training Intermediate level to do well in the IELTS test.